Join us as we turn Bucksport into Ghostport for our fifth Annual:Ghostport Event…It’s Wicked Good Fun!
Saturday, October, 19 2013
This coming October, before we pull our bed covers tight to ward of the onslaught of winter’s cold, join us as we bring a chillingly, spooky event to the Bucksport area. This year’s Ghostport events feature:
- Pumpkins being catapulted into the river (keep your fingers crossed we might have a pumpkin cannon)
- A little goblins parade down Main Street
- Food and craft vendors on the waterfront
- Trunk or treating
- Chili Cook-Off
- Ragged Isle on the big screen
- Giant carved pumpkins
- A Special late night show at the Alamo
- Carved pumpkin contest
- Aactivities for kids of all ages
- A fireworks display synced to music played on WKIT
- The Werewolf Howl Dance
- and competitors racing coffins in “Jonathan Buck’s race to the grave event”.
This year brings us all that and maybe more!
We believe the Greater Bucksport area is an ideal setting for Halloween activities with our rich spooky History surrounding the Jonathan Buck tombstone, the macabre murder of Sarah Ware and countless local ghost stories.